Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Settling In Evening...

Settling In Evening is when you present all of your routines that you have been practicing and learning during your first term at The Brit School. Each strand does this to show their parents and family what they have been doing over the past term within the dance studio.

We performed the styles of Contemporary and Jazz.

During both performances. I do believe my use of core strength wasn't used to its full potential. This was unabling me to keep balance in the leg kicks. I also could have used my core strength to control the rolling down movements to the ground as well as in PliƩ. By doing this, it helps with control, posture and balance within my routines and movements.

Whilst performing my Jazz piece, i did not produce an accurate Jazz Tondue. It was weak and did not look presentable however the technical precision of the placement of the tondue was correct in my opinion. I could of bent my knees a bit more and corrected the alignment if my knees to match the line of my ankle. 

The main thing that I know I have the capability to improve on is connecting with the audience a bit better. Eventhough there were know routines that I needed to show emotion throughout, the use of my eyes and smile could have been better. This will allow the audience to connect with me and make them interested in my dance piece and want to watch me. I did connect with them but not enough as my mum, who was watching, said as constructive criticsm. 

Overall I think that my performance during Settling In Evening was to the best of my ability except from a couple of technical issues that I need to work on to improve. The audience seemed to enjoy the show and I would say that next time I perform, I will have improved on everything I have spoken about. 

I really enjoyed myself and I'm looking forward to see what challenges that next term will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment