My Dance Story...
I started dancing when i was around about 3 years of age. I started off doing Tap and Jazz classes. I started at The Willow School of Dance. I was dancing there until i was around 7. I then ended up moving to find the most amazing dance school ever which was Grayes School of Dance. I currently dance there and i take 4 classes per week. I take Tap, Modern, Ballet and Hip Hop classes. I have made so many good friends there and my technique has improved as well as my confidence as a performer, let alone a dancer.
Since i was in year 5, i have always known that i have wanted to come to The BRIT School for dance. It wasn't till i was in year 9 that the thought of applying for an audition became real. Me and my mum went to the open evening where i saw the school and especially the dance strand and studios. Everything looked so professional and the teachers seemed very nice. We picked up an application and i started to think things through in my head about what i was gonna write. I thought hard and clear about my answers to the questions they had given me. I was so stuck on how to answer them or what to write.
I eventually sat down with my mum and she helped me to word my answers and i then filled out the application form. I drove to the school to hand it in and then it was a waiting game. I was so unbelievably nervous about whether i was going to be invited for an audition or not. One day i was walking out of school and my mum rang me. She sounded sad but then she told me that i had an audition. I screamed!! Everybody looked at me but i didn't care as i knew i was one step closer to reaching my dream of going to The BRIT School.
Shortly after i went in for my audition and i did performed the best i possibly could. I couldn't do anything else. I went in for the interview and everything turned out okay. A few months later I had been hearing that my friends had got their letters saying whether they got in or not. As soon as i found out i shot downstairs to look at the post but nothing had come. I waited and waited and waited for ages to see when the post had arrived. This was on a Saturday so therefore there was't any school. We had people coming round soon.
My uncle came in and gave the post to my mum. I didn't know this until after but my mum then ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I didn't think anything of it at the time until she called me into the kitchen where my dad, uncle and sister where standing. She seemed really sad. "Erin, i'm really sorry to tell you but..............YOU HAVE GOT A PLACE AT THE BRIT SCHOOL!!!!!!!" I screamed and shouted to the point that i was crying. I was soo shocked that i had managed to successfully secured myself one of 24 places. Never before had i been so happy. It was the best moment in my life to date. No one could ever be as happy than i was.
From that day on i have been happier than ever before. I currently go to The BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology. I love it so much and i wouldn't change anything. I have made great friends and i cannot wait to spend the rest of my time here with them performing shows and routines.
And that is how I became a dancer to this day...
Erin Filipe-Howard
xxxxxxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment